Sunday, November 21, 2010

My experience with Ignitee

It has been around 9 months since I first stepped into the Ignitee Office. I remember climbing those lonely stairs of the office and telling myself that this not a scene from a haunted movie and nothing bad will happen here. Fortunately for me, I think God was listening. I got hired, and there was no ghost.

My initial days at Ignitee were a breeze and I spent most of my time complaining of how there is no work to be done. Little did I realize that I was part of a larger plot, which constituted of brain storming and washing sessions, and sending out more ‘docs’ than the words in my thesis paper in my university. I was welcomed in the SMO team with all the warmth anyone could have asked for. Along with hard work also came the laughter riots which at that moment certainly seem can be heard all across Mumbai if not India. With the perfect blend of fun, work and digitizing, Ignitee has been a Life Experience and not something that will just go down my resume.

In my understanding, Ignitee works just like a joint family, with everyone doing their bit to keep the domino straight, working together towards common goals. There are values, morals, respect for each other, and most importantly, support from all the different levels in the organisation.

I have not worked anywhere before, and I don’t really know how other agencies/organisations work. But I am pretty certain that it cannot get better than this. Now I find myself climbing the same staircase that once I used to think was haunted, and now I know, it is haunted. It will haunt me for the rest of my life and remind me of my associations, colleagues, and friends at Ignitee if I was ever to leave.

- Kowkab Naim

No comments: